After a while, I finally decided to learn something about Ogre. I created simple game, which doesn’t do anything fancy but meanwhile was very interesting project for me. Also it is made in 5 days (including installing OgreSDK).

Artwork for the game is made with Blender and uses Ogre Mesh Exporter and Ogre Scene Exporter. In Ogre scene is then loaded with new DotScene loader. Player and cubes doesn’t belong to scene, because in code there is own classes to handle those meshes.

I got one big problem, because I couldn’t get anything text rendered to screen. Even when font and overlay was correctly defined. This is bug in Ogre (1.7-series), but it took one whole day to figure that out.

And word about requirements:

Because It’s made with Visual Studio 2010 it needs newest DirectX and Visual Studio c++ Runtime which you can download on following links:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

Newest DirectX you probably have, but I will provide link, just in case:

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

And finally download for the game:


Published by

Teijo Mursu

Indie developer from Finland.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.